Ryan Abel (generalantilles) appointed as Communications Manager (to handle online and social publication of HFO communication).
Hildon Foundation Board voted unanimously.
Based on his offer to help, ask Mathew Hart (flynx) to review HFO website and offer improved and more detailed content.
What is the financial status of HFO?
Cosimo’s response (voa email): “Every day we get on average about $50 US of donations.”
Have there been any additional donations?
Cosimo’s response (via email): ”Yes, all the time. I can’t update the list in real time. So I’m updating it on a monthly basis, or semi-monthly if needed.”
Has the original donation money been transfered from PayPal to the HFO bank account?
Cosimo’s response (via email): ”No. We agreed to wait with that until HFO has its own PayPal account. Then there are no more donations to my PayPal account so that I can transfer the money all in one transfer to safe international transfer fees.”
Update: An HFO PayPal account has since been created.
HFO Ovi Store Account:
Has an account already been created?
After investigation: Not yet.
Cosimo: The HFO bank account will have to be connected with the Ovi Store account.
Maemo Community Council will be in charge for approving contributed apps for HFO Ovi Account.
It is the Hildon Foundation Board’s opinion that these apps should be maemo.org related (e.g., TMO app for N9, TMO link for N800, etc.).
Maemo.org Server Status:
The Nokia server will cease to support maemo.org on 1 March 2013.
Currently Nemein is charging $500 per month for server support.
Joerg Reisenweber suggested the option of using Oregon State University’s Open Source Lab (http://osuosl.org).
This seems like a very good idea to pursue.
Whatever the option, the Maemo Community Council needs to make a decision very soon.
Joerg Reisenweber asked for Hildon Foundation Board to give approval in assigning Falk Stern (fstern) as maemo.org SysOp.
Hildon Foundation Board grants approval.
Maemo.org/Maemo.com Transferance from Nokia:
Tim still working on transfering domain names. He will send a new email request.
Rob is waiting to hear back about contractual issues (hopefully next week), specifically, agreements about software distribution.