Maemo Community Migration Issues:
- Nokia paying for initial migration… What will happen in the future? What will the potential costs of management and maintenance?
- We need to verify these issues with Nemein.
HF Board Meeting Minutes:
- Board Minutes to be published on HFO from now on — and aggregated to pmo.
Board Member Issues:
- In lieu of Randall Arnold’s (texrat) departure from the Board of Directors, the remaining Board members has asked Rob Bauer (SD69) to step in as the replacement — and he has accepted..
- Rob will continue to serve as Secretary for the Board.
- Tim will talk to Niels Breet (xfade) about email aliases for email@example.com email address.
- Privacy issues?
- Reggie Suplido (rsuplido) not very concerned.
- Andrew Flegg (Jaffa) report: “Data Protection Act doesn’t apply IIRC: it’s either not customer data (because it’s not particularly personally identifiable) or because it’s just an address book.”
- This subject needs additional research, although the Board needs to make a decision now…
- Board agrees unanimously on moving TMO to the same server as the rest of the maemo.org infrastructure, managed by Nemein.
- Reggie Suplido will take care of the migration with the support of Nemein.
- Reggie will upgrade Rüdiger Schiller (chemist) to administrator of TMO to handle maintenance in the future.
- Will Nemein provide this migration service for free?
- vBeulletin License:
- We need to purchase a license ($195 for the current version to avoid templating and plugin compatibility issues).
- Cosimo will purchase the vBulletin license in Hildon Foundation’s name, via the PayPal account.
- Needs to know exactly where to purchase the license.
- Cosimo will email Reggie: Reggie will need to provide the information.
- This needs to be done before the end of the year.
New Maemo Community Administrators:
- Ruediger Schiller (chemist) appointed as TMO administrator.
- Board agrees unanimously.
- Michael Demetriou (qwazix) has volunteered to help with TMO server administration if needed.
- This role is not necessary at this time, so Michael was not appointed to the position.
- If needed, we will revisit this option in the future.
Fundraising Status Update:
- $2258.15 has been donated at this point.
- There were some reporting issues with duplicate entries in the first reports, but these have now been resolved.
- Bank account paperwork is being processed at the moment.
- A specific HF PayPal account will then be attached to the new account.
- All of the current moneys will then be transferred to the new account.
- Some people cannot use PayPal, so we need to institute a method for them to make donations to the bank account directly.
- The bank account has a 50-cent per transaction fee if 75 transactions per statement cycle is breached. Likewise, there may be a fairly stiff fee for international wire transfers ($40 US?).
- Cosimo will check on this.
- Rob is providing more information.
- Tim will complete unified letter to potential sponsors.
- All Board members to compile list of potential sponsors and contacts.
- How will communication of donations be conveyed?
- Should we upgrade to a premium PayPal account?
- Public donation reports, recurring payments, etc.
- Cosimo will check on the cost.
HF Web Page and Communications Officer:
- Someone needs to admin the social presence of HF.
- Andrew Flegg (Jaffa), Ryan Abel (GeneralAntilles), Andrew Olmsted (fiferboy)?
- Tim will send email request.
- The Scratchbox.org team has expressed interest being hosted with the maemo.org community.
- We need to talk with Nokia and Nemein.
- Iván will take care of this communication.
- Holiday season: Tim and Iván will be traveling; Cosimo will be on two-week vacation; Rob’s status is unknown at this time?
- We will communicate via email until the next meeting date (week of January 7, 2013).